The Offline Storage Table (OST) is an Outlook email program offline folder file. Offline folders allow users to work offline and then synchronize their changes with the Exchange server when they reconnect. A user may easily conduct tasks like reading or deleting current emails, storing draughts, composing new emails, and so on. Working offline is advantageous in platforms with limitation or intermittent connectivity. Furthermore, damage to the Exchange Server has no effect on the OST File. However, the OST file can become corrupt at any time. Before accessing the OST file, users must first fix or recover a corrupted Outlook data file.
We were able to fix a corrupted OST File thanks to the release of Outlook. However, Microsoft has extract the repair application “Scanost.exe” from this updated version or its older version. As a result, restoring it has become a difficult undertaking. There are still ways to recover a corrupted OST file. Find all of the most dependable ways is OST repair tool.
What Causes an Outlook OST File to Be Corrupted?
The Outlook OST file might corrupt for a variety of reasons. OST files may become fully unreadable as a result of this. OST files can be corrupte for a variety of software and hardware causes. Before you start with the OST repair procedure, make sure you have everything you need. Let’s start by making a list of all conceivable causes of OST contamination.
- When an offline OST file reaches its storage limit, it becomes corrupt or inaccessible.
- The Outlook .ost file might corrupt if the MS Outlook software is terminate abnormally.
- Corrupt OST files can cause by using the wrong Microsoft Outlook Add-in.
- The device’s unexpect performance could be caused by a defective item or a bug or virus infestation.
- The Outlook OST files are direct affect by the functionality of network cards, cables, routers, and other similar devices.
- If an unexpect power outage occurs while a user is actively working with an OST file, the OST file may corrupt.
Repairing Corrupte and Damage OST Files in Outlook
The following manual solutions can help a user recover a corrupted outlook data file. We’ll go over all of the workarounds for repairing OST files in detail in the next section. To get a better result, all you have to do is attentively follow all of the instructions.
Method 1: Recreating a New OST File to Repair a Corrupte OST
An offline OST file, which is a copy of the information save on the email server, is used by MS Exchange Server. If you have any problems with the OST data file. You can delete it and create a new one. The procedure works with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and the versions below. Only if your OST file is no longer usable should you proceed with this procedure. It will assist you in repairing the OST file, although data loss is possible.
Method 2: To Repair an OST File, Disable Firewall and Anti-Virus Settings
Because some applications (like Outlook) are built to check and discover problems for every incoming and outgoing email. The user can disable the antivirus program and other firewall settings. At times, an enable antivirus setting may prevent MS Outlook from functioning normally. Thus you may need to disable the settings and restart the machine to see the changes. This method can sometimes be used to fix corrupted OST files. Which is not corrupt, but rather block.
Method 3: To Repair a Corrupte OST, Start Outlook in Safe Mode.
The main goal of starting MS Outlook in safe mode is to disable any add-ins that can cause problems during the reboot process. It allows you to operate without fear of files or add-ins becoming corrupt. This command will not repair the OST file, but it will give you access to an OST file that was previously inaccessible. To start Outlook in safe mode, simply type the following command:
- “outlook.exe /safe” is the command.
- Manual Methods to Recover a Corrupte Outlook Data File Have Drawbacks
- Only minor OST file corruption issues can be repaired with this.
- There is no guarantee that data can be recovered from an OST file.
- There is no guarantee that the data will be safe.
- In Outlook 2010, 2013, and subsequent versions, the scanost.exe utility is not available.
Method 4: – No Data Loss When Repairing Corrupted OST Files
To fix the OST file, the user can take a different route. As we all know, the manual solution outline above has certain flaws. As a result, we developed OST Recovery Software. Which is a suitable approach for repairing faulty OST Files. A user can simply fix damaged and corrupt OST files with the help of this utility. The software has an easy-to-understand user interface. so even a beginner user can utilize it. In just a few minutes, the utility can repair a severely corrupte Outlook OST file. The app includes a lot of cool features. Some of which are describ below:
- OST files can be repaired and restored into a variety of file formats.
- To avoid corruption, split the exported file into smaller pieces.
- Metadata such as read/unread status and message data are saved.
- Both compressible and high-level encryption are repaired in the .ost file.
- There are no file size limitations when fixing orphan offline OST files.
- Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions are support.
The Final Word
In some cases, corruption in Outlook data files is unreliable, preventing the user from performing routine tasks. The built-in remedies are not a reliable method for dealing with OST corruption. Furthermore, the propose program employs a secure, quick, and safe mechanism for repairing OST files. Users can choose between the two approaches based on their needs to recover a corrupted Outlook data file. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me